Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Israel: American's Training in Israel?

From Debka Main Page:

DEBKAfile’s military sources add details on long convoys of unmarked American military vehicles in S. Israel this week:

US Marines units are taking part in large-scale amphibian joint exercise with Israeli special operations units, including navy and air force. The Americans practiced landings on Israel beaches - one of which Nitzanim shore north of Gaza Strip.

Given this is taking place in Israel, fairly close to Debka's central control, if you will, I would think that it is probably true. However, I have heard nothing anywhere to confirm this. Given the scope of operations implied, I don't see how it could escape notice.

D

Confirmed! The Jerusalem Post confirms the story: Marines Storm Ashore. Thanks to Manker for pointing this out, it wasn't there when I first checked. Looks like my first suspicions were correct.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com